The course equips you with a comprehension of the various concepts in credit analysis, which will enable
you to make decisions in crucial corporate credit scenarios. Our curriculum offers in-depth knowledge
on how to conduct a quantitative evaluation of the various business and financial factors of a company, thereby enabling the participants to acquire the necessary skills for becoming a successful credit analyst.
Besides, the course is very engaging and interacting, and thus, it facilitates the participants to apply the
concepts learned into their routine professional tasks with precision.
The course will provide the participants with a structured methodology to analyze the solvency from a credit perspective. The course also prepares the participants to apply both qualitative and quantitative tools to assess the performance of a company and determine its credit rating as per the global standards. The course is designed to ensure that complex concepts are delivered to participants in a simple way, thereby supporting them in remembering and applying these concepts in their current jobs and in making crucial business decisions.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to enhance their expertise in corporate credit analysis should attend this course,which includes:
- Professionals aspiring to have a career as analysts;
- Business analysts; Heads of departments, managers, and executives;
- Corporate analysts and corporate credit rating analysts;
- Investment bankers and corporate bankers;
- Private equity analysts;
- Business owners and entrepreneurs.
Non-theoretical methodology which includes live teaching, interactive discussions, case studies, and
assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability. We request you to have your laptop with
Microsoft Excel installed.
As a policy, we limit the class size to 10 participants so that we can provide attention to each participant
and ensure their objective is achieved.
This course will be conducted by an experienced training consultant having more than 20 years of industry experience with some of the world’s leading financial institutions, specializing in corporate finance, investment banking, and private equity.
Why is credit needed?
Various types of credit and industry structure
Importance of credit analysis
Various types of assessment tools and methods
How to apply the same in analysis
Key mistakes to avoid
Analysis of credit analysis framework
Apply various factors of credit framework
Significance in decision-making and scrutinization
Managing and process borrower rating
Analyzing threats in the operating environment, capital markets, and industry of the borrower
Study of the types of risks in credit evaluation
Assessing business and financial risks
Managing the risk of business
Impact of life cycles on the company
- Strategic advantages and disadvantages – competitive advantages, industry forces, etc
- Competitive ratings in the industry and its impact
- Analyzing the operating risks
- Major causes of the company’s decline
- Reviewing the company’s financial information
- Undertaking income statement analysis
- Analyzing revenue, profitability, and asset, ratios
- The importance of cash flow
- Studying the cash conversion cycle
- Significance of critical ratios such as DSCR, LLCR, leverage ratios, etc
Reviewing the company structure
Concept of multiple layer formation
Process of the management assessment
- Overview of the process of loan sanction
- Understanding various financial and non-financials factors
- Studying the sample contents of a loan scoring
Review of a sample credit note
Content and its applicability
Key mistakes to avoid
Studying the different types of risks and mitigations
Company level vs. group structure risk
Onetime vs. continuous management
Importance of debt structuring
Reviewing the elements in debt structuring
Different types of structure and its benefits
How reliable documentation helps a lender
Assessing risk coverage through loan documentation
Role of covenants and how to set up a bank covenant spectrum
Signs and causes of financial distress
Effects of financial distress
Potential options for financial distress?
Studying the phases of restructuring and its benefits
When should companies take up redesign?
Analyzing long-term strategies in restructuring
- Why is it crucial
- Structure of the rating preamble and study of a sample credit rating report
- Credit rating team structure
- Process to calculate your business credit score
- Types of credit ratings followed globally
- Key rating factors across various industries
Processes followed in a credit rating agency
Data collection and its analysis
Key points to deal with rating agencies