The objective of this program is to provide knowledge, and detailed understanding of managing the Mergers & Acquisitions transactions followed in the industry. This course will help participants to improve their knowledge and develop their professional skills required in the M&A career or dealing with M&A transaction in their companies.
The Course curriculum includes a detailed understanding of the M&A process, identification, analysis of investment, modeling, due diligence, structuring, negotiation and post-integration processes from the seller as well as buyer perspectives.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have a clear understanding of the critical processes, challenges and issues faced in the industry as well as be able to differentiate between various transaction structures, their implications and provide an explanation on how to analyze and negotiate and close the M&A transactions.
A case study discussion included in this program detailing the complete process of M&A investments which will provide participants with more significant and valuable knowledge that will be useful in their business and profession.
Who should attend
All individuals who want to improve their knowledge and further develop their professional skills in the private equity space
- Professionals who are seeking a career in M&A
- CEOs, head of business units, departments and decision-making personnel – who want to deal or currently dealing with private equity firms
- Middle to senior managers from any industry
- Analysts/ investment bankers/ professionals planning to do M&A
- Candidates who wish to set up M&A business
Methodology & Trainer
The non-theoretical methodology which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive games and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability in the current economic and financial environment.
All our trainers are carefully chosen by us and possess a rich and vast experience in the financial sector. This course is conducted by an experienced training consultant having more than 17 years of industry experience with some of the world’s leading business institutions, specializing in corporate finance, investment banking, and private equity.
- What constitutes M&A?
- How M&A is different from Strategic Alliance
- Summary of M&A processes -identification, due diligence and acquisition, documentation, Integration
- Why do companies M&A?
- Strategic and Tactical Reasons for doing M&A
- Various Types of M&A
- Pitfalls and advantages for these Strategic decisions
- Key Parties Involved
- Pre-requisites to an M&A
- Critical Success Factors and pitfalls to avoid
- Steps by Step Approach in M&A
- Why analyzes the Industry?
- How to identify the target companies and approach
- Various Criteria to be applied to the Target
- Build and Critical combined statements
- How to integrate the data of two companies and build the synergies the combined entity
- Financial Analysis and Effects of M&A
- Calculation of Purchase Price Consideration and Goodwill
- Sources and Uses of Fund
- Shareholding and its impact due to dilution of shares
- Detailed EPS calculations, including the pitfalls to avoid
- EPS Accretion/Dilution calculation and analysis
- Analysis – Combined financial statement
- Analysis of Shares, convertibles, preference shares outstanding of the combined entity
- Exchange ratio calculation
- EPS Accretion/Dilution Analysis
- Valuation Methods and adjustment of various premiums and discounts
- Discounted Cash Flow Adjusting for Synergies
- Types of Sensitivity Analysis in the M&A valuation
- 1-D Sensitivity Analysis
- 2-D Sensitivity Analysis
- One Stage vs Multi-Stage Models
- Process of valuation based on comparative multiples – Compilation, adjustments, and rationalization
- Characteristics of Multiples
- Comparable Companies Analysis Pros and Cons
- Enterprise value multiples – Equity value multiples
- Key issues and pitfalls
- Application of control or leadership premium, synergies, cash flows, illiquidity and minority discounts, etc
- Key Challenges applying Precedent Transaction Method
- Precedent Transactions Analysis vs Trading Comps
- Pros and Cons
- Process/Steps of valuation based Precedent Transactions Analysis
- Critical adjustments in the compilation and analyzing precedent transactions
- Various types and their impact
- Cost Synergies
- Revenue Synergies
- Critical Success Factors and pitfalls to avoid
- Why do Due Diligence?
- Various types of Due-diligence
- How to prepare a company for due diligence
- Creating a due diligence plan in line with the rationale
- Balancing the role of internal and external service providers
- How to resolve post due to diligence observations
- Keys terms and their impact on M&A business-
- How to negotiate effective terms sheets
- Key points to focus while negotiating SPA/SHA
- Key Structure used in M&A Transactions
- Why do M&A deals fail?
- Risks and its mitigation in M&A
- Key issues like Attrition, KMPs Retention Mechanism etc
- Financial Implications of Firing KMPs
- Management of hierarchal differences and cultural differences