The objective of this program is to provide knowledge, and detailed understanding of equity investments followed in the private equity industry. This course will help participants to improve their knowledge and develop their professional skills required in the private equity industry or dealing with private equity professionals.
The Course curriculum includes total investment, due diligence, monitoring, and negotiation processes from the ownersu2019 as well as investorsu2019 perspectives.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have a clear understanding of the critical processes, challenges and issues faced in the industry as well as be able to differentiate between various transaction structures, their implications and provide an explanation on how to analyze and negotiate term sheets.
A case study discussion included in this program detailing the complete process of private equity investments which will provide participants with more significant and valuable knowledge that will be useful in their business and profession.
Who should attend
All individuals who want to improve their knowledge and further develop their professional skills in the private equity space
- Professionals who are seeking a career in private equity
- CEOs, head of business units, departments and decision-making personnel – who want to deal or currently dealing with private equity firms
- Middle to senior managers from any industry
- Analysts/ investment bankers/ finance professionals with CPA, CFA, MBA, etc
- Candidates who want to set up private equity business
Methodology & Trainer
The non-theoretical methodology which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive games and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability in current economic and financial environment.
All our trainers are carefully chosen by us and possess a rich and vast experience in the financial sector. This course is conducted by an experienced training consultant having more than 17 years of industry experience with some of the worldu2019s leading business institutions, specializing in corporate finance, investment banking, and private equity.
- Industry structure and overview
- Different types of private equity funds and their strategy
- Summary of private equity processes -due diligence and investments, documentation, monitoring, and exits
- Company analysis including competitive positioning and its mapping in the industry
- How to analyze financial models of the investee companies
- Evaluate promoters and management team
- Study the capital structure
- How to run the valuation exercise (DCF, Comparables, NAV, multiple-based, operational metrics, etc)
- Identify key pitfalls
- Sensitivity analysis and its impact on overall returns
- Structure of Investment proposal
- Keys points in the proposal
- Importance of return and exit information
- Preparation for Investment Committee presentation
- Points to remember for presenting to Investment Committee
- Report to be prepared for Investment Committee meeting
- How to create your due diligence plan
- How to balance role of external and internal service providers
- Key focus areas
- Financial models
Management due diligence
- How to resolve post due diligence observations
- How to identify keys risks
- Keys terms and their impact on business- Minority Protection, Affirmative Rights, Exit rights, Conditions Precedents, Board rights etc
- How to negotiate effective terms sheets
- Key points to focus while negotiating shareholders agreement
- What are the various structures for investments?
- Direct Equity – private market, public market, listed and unlisted market
- Equity-linked debt – mezzanine funding, convertible securities etc
- Debt funding – bridge funding, subordinated debts, securitization and structured finance
- How to help the investee company develop a common business goal and plan
- How to support the business on various operational and strategic areas
- Common restructuring activities that can be carried out
- Financial engineering to improve shareholdersu2019 return and reduce riskiness
- Manage the risks highlighted during due diligence process
- How to prepare the investee company for exits
- Analyze various exit options and their pitfalls
- How to do exit valuation
- Determining the target price and exit returns
- Essential concepts – Gross and net IRR, cash multiple and its relevance
- Case discussions based on past private equity transactions to explain the entire process and its implications