Sustainable investing is increasingly becoming a topic of interest to finance professionals the world over. Moreover, institutional investors are focusing on sustainability issues when making investments. Therefore, the ESG investing course, offers participants in-depth knowledge on financially material Environmental Social Governance (ESG) indicators and data providers. The course will also help the participants to convert corporate performance on sustainability into financial performance. The course also covers the best practices in ESG and impact investing and the ways in which one can build their own sustainable investment policies.
The course will provide a detailed explanation of the various frameworks for including ESG and sustainable investment practices from the perspectives of both the investors and corporates. The course covers the different approaches to ESG investing, such as ESG incorporation, ESG inclusion, ESG engagement, and ESG screening in a comprehensive way. It also gives a broad overview of the ESG products and strategies across the equity and fixed income asset classes. The course also offers an overview of the various challenges that may arise when implementing ESG best practices at the organizational level.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to enhance their expertise in corporate fundraising should attend this course, which includes:
Corporates who want to raise or invest capital following ESG guidelines;
Any startup venture, corporates, business or organization that wants to elevate its corporate ESG program;
Entrepreneurs and professional who wants to build career in ESG Investing
Practising and non-practising ESG professionals who intend to improve their investing skills.
Non-theoretically methodology, which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive games, and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability.
We carefully choose all our trainers who possess a rich and vast experience in the financial sector. The course will be conducted by an experienced training consultant having more than 20 years of industry experience with some of the world’s leading financial institutions, specializing in ESG investment and asset management.
- What are ESG, corporate social accountability, and triple bottom line (TBL) accounting
- Methodologies of ESG investing
- Review of the organizational ESG best practices.
- Understanding organizational challenges.
- A brief history, size and range of ESG investing.
- Important market drivers that support ESG incorporation.
- Key drivers and challenges of ESG incorporation.
- ESG problems associated with sustainability developments.
- Crucial theories pertaining to climate change and climate mitigation.
- Important organizational ‘megatrends’ that lead to environmental changes.
- Analyzing the material influence of environmental problems on investments.
- Applying material influence of environmental problems to financial modelling, ratio analysis, and risk evaluation.
- Reviewing the systematic associations between businesses and social problems.
- Social concepts and opportunities resulting from ESG investing.
- Evaluating material influences of social problems on investments.
- Application of material social aspects to risk evaluation, ratio analysis, and financial modelling.
- Assessing the advancement of corporate governance.
- Role of auditors in corporate governance.
- Evaluation of material influences of governance problems on investments.
- Application of material corporate governance aspects to financial modelling, and risk evaluation.
- Role of management control quality on ESG risk factors.
- ESG problems and associated regulations.
- Latest trends in the field of ESG investing.
- What is ESG valuation
- Influence of ESG aspects on industry & company performance and security valuation.
- Use of ESG evaluation methodologies in various asset classes.
- Outlining the ESG evaluation challenges in an organization’s investments.
- ESG aspects on strategic asset allocation.
- Various methods for incorporating ESG.
- ESG screens to the major asset classes.
- Types of ESG/SRI investments, associated investment factors, and threats.
- Reviewing the different types of ESG investing screening procedures.
- Importance of formulating guidelines for efficient ESG investing delivery.
- Embedding ESG screens to produce investment returns.
- ESG investing aspects for recognizing request for proposal (RFP) and selection procedures.
- Recognizing the advancement areas in the ESG market.
- Influence of elevated ESG strategy complexity.
- Analyzing ESG investing via various financial instruments.
- Methods for organizational value creation through ESG.
- Organizational advantages through good ESG practices implementation.
- Understanding the significant threats experienced by ESG investors.
- Determining the influence of ESG investing on organizational performance.
- Equator Principles as an ESG threat supervision structure.
- ESG regulations, accountability, and fiduciary duty of ESG divulgence.
- Important methods of ESG reporting.
- Latest advancements in ESG reporting.
- Major challenges in the performance assessment of ESG investments.
- Experiential investigations of environmental, social, and governance investment performance.
- Assessing the future of environmental, social, and governance investing.
- Evaluating the global sustainability challenges.
- Understanding the interest of millennial ESG investors.
- Measuring the influence of ESG on the corporate framework.
- Reviewing profitability from the advantages discharged away from the organization.
- How to change non-financial performance into financial value.
- Link between sustainable ESG best practices and financial system stability.
- Organizational standards for reporting their ESG effects.
- Quality concerns in ESG reporting.
- Services that evaluate corporate ESG.
- Rating criteria of ETFs for ESG performance of portfolio companies.
- ESG reporting requirements for companies listed on the Singapore Exchange.
- Review of the ESG reporting standards.
- ESG compliance regulations in the UK.