Private Equity ProgramThe objective of this program is to provide knowledge, and detailed understanding of equity investments followed in the private equity industry. This course will help participants to improve their knowledge and develop their professional skills required in the private equity industry or dealing with private equity professionals.
Who should attend
- Professionals who are seeking a career in private equity
- CEOs, head of business units, departments and decision-making personnel – who want to deal or currently dealing with private equity firms
- Middle to senior managers from any industry
- Analysts/ investment bankers/ finance professionals with CPA, CFA, MBA, etc
- Candidates who want to set up private equity business
Methodology & TrainerThe non-theoretical methodology which includes interactive discussions, case studies, interactive games and assignments to understand the concepts and their applicability in current economic and financial environment. All our trainers are carefully chosen by us and possess a rich and vast experience in the financial sector. This course is conducted by an experienced training consultant having more than 17 years of industry experience with some of the worldu2019s leading business institutions, specializing in corporate finance, investment banking, and private equity.
Module – 1: Private equity industry structure and importance
- Industry structure and overview
- Different types of private equity funds and their strategy
- Summary of private equity processes -due diligence and investments, documentation, monitoring, and exits
Module – 2: Company analysis process
- Company analysis including competitive positioning and its mapping in the industry
- How to analyze financial models of the investee companies
- Evaluate promoters and management team
- Study the capital structure
- How to run the valuation exercise (DCF, Comparables, NAV, multiple-based, operational metrics, etc)
- Identify key pitfalls
- Sensitivity analysis and its impact on overall returns
Module – 3: How to prepare investment proposal and Investment Committee presentation
- Structure of Investment proposal
- Keys points in the proposal
- Importance of return and exit information
- Preparation for Investment Committee presentation
- Points to remember for presenting to Investment Committee
- Report to be prepared for Investment Committee meeting
Module – 4: Due Diligence
- How to create your due diligence plan
- How to balance role of external and internal service providers
- Key focus areas
- Financial models, Business, Legal, Accounting, Management due diligence
- How to resolve post due diligence observations
- How to identify keys risks
Module – 5: Documentation (commercial overview)
- Keys terms and their impact on business- Minority Protection, Affirmative Rights, Exit rights, Conditions Precedents, Board rights etc
- How to negotiate effective terms sheets
- Key points to focus while negotiating shareholders agreement
Module – 6: Investment structures
- What are the various structures for investments?
- Direct Equity – private market, public market, listed and unlisted market
- Equity-linked debt – mezzanine funding, convertible securities etc
- Debt funding – bridge funding, subordinated debts, securitization and structured finance
Module – 7: Monitoring investments and value-add
- How to help the investee company develop a common business goal and plan
- How to support the business on various operational and strategic areas
- Common restructuring activities that can be carried out
- Financial engineering to improve shareholdersu2019 return and reduce riskiness
- Manage the risks highlighted during due diligence process
Module – 8: Exit process
- How to prepare the investee company for exits
- Analyze various exit options and their pitfalls
- How to do exit valuation
- Determining the target price and exit returns
- Essential concepts – Gross and net IRR, cash multiple and its relevance
Module – 9: Case Discussions
- Case discussions based on past private equity transactions to explain the entire process and its implications
Private Equity FAQ
Study PE with online masterclasses and also from Riverstone Private Equity Training. Use free resources or structured courses for solid foundation.
"Essentials of PE and LBOs" masterclass covers key concepts. London Business School offers it.
PE investment: Funds buy, restructure, exit companies for returns. Learn through courses.
Private equity offers rewarding but demanding career. Consider your strengths and interests.
Best education for PE includes finance, business, or related fields. Explore courses and masterclasses.
Career path: Gain finance experience, consider MBA, network, specialize for private equity roles.
Study PE in online courses or business schools. Look for well-structured programs.
Private equity career is challenging yet rewarding. Preparation through courses can ease the path.
MBA not essential but helpful for PE. Relevant experience and skills matter.
Python useful for PE data analysis, but not mandatory. Focus on finance fundamentals first.